Oprah Winfrey, who reportedly has been sharing some downtime with the Obamas at Camp David, has been reading books since she cracked the code as a child and she’s turned millions onto the joy of escaping into fiction, both contemporary or classic. But does she get paid to endorse those books? You’ll find the answer in my Who’s News column this weekend, along with:
• The story on David Letterman‘s white socks.
• What The View‘s Sherri Shepherd has to say about her new comedy.
• Law & Order‘s Linus Roache on his career arc.
• Whether reality star Lauren Conrad, of The Hills, will return to TV.
• What screenwriter Diablo Cody did in her new film Jennifer’s Body.
Plus, who shares my coming birthday, September 16th. (Hint: One of them has two cute brothers.)