Showcasing some of the most acclaimed documentaries of 2011, the five-disc collection releases on November 22, but check back here tomorrow for your chance to win a copy on DVD! Here’s a sneak peek at the films included in the set.
- CATCHING HELL (Alex Gibney) 2011 Tribeca Film Festival selection, analyzes the fateful eighth inning of the 2003 National League Championship Series in which a Chicago Cubs fan Steve Bartman caught a fly ball that, in the eyes of other Cubs fans, prevented the Cubs from proceeding to the World Series.
- CHARISMA (Steve Michaels) about an unlikely colt named Charismatic and his down and out jockey Chris Antley, both thought to be lost causes, who together became the biggest long shot in 59 years to win the Kentucky Derby and then followed up with another underdog win at the Preakness, before tragedy struck.
- THE FAB FIVE (Jason Hehir), the highest rated ESPN documentary of all time, a documentary about how five college basketball players Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, Ray Jackson, Chris Webber, Jalen Rose revitalized the game with their original attitude and behavior.
- HERSCHEL (Rory Karpf) about the life of football player Herschel Walker considered by many to be the greatest college running back of all-time.
- RENÉE (Eric Drath) 2011 Tribeca Film Festival selection, recounts Renée Richard’s battle to enter the 1977 U.S Open as the first transgender tennis player.